LEGAL PURCHASE AGE
TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The following information is provided by BlèuribbonHair to enable our online visitors to be fully informed of our Privacy Policies. The Site collects certain information when you interact with the Site. For example, the Site may collect “Personal Information” which is data that can be used to identify an individual, as defined by applicable law. The Site may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Site. This includes information you provide when you order from the Site; subscribe to any services offered on the Site including but not limited to interactive services (such as blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or other user forums); enter a competition or promotion sponsored by BlèuribbonHair ; complete a survey; or report a problem with the Site;
- Your correct date of birth, which we may require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access the Site if you are not of a legal age to purchase items offered for sale on the Site;
- Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us a correspondence;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Site including the placement of any orders by you; and
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, your computer’s IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
- We may obtain information about your usage of our Website to help us develop and improve it further through online surveys and other requests.
If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order. We do not view or save your credit card or debit card information as PayPal processes the payment.
Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED
BlèuribbonHair may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfill and deliver your orders. Personal Information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
When you order from BlèuribbonHair you will be offered the opportunity to opt out of our email newsletter and other update services. If you choose to opt-out for this service, we will not send you alerts for new products, features nor enhancements; special offers; upgrade opportunities; contests or events of interest. However, if you choose to receive our emails from time-to-time we will use the information you provide to promote the products and services via email. We do collate information about site traffic, sales, wish list, and other commercial information but do not share this information with any third parties. Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors’ needs.
In addition to disclosures identified in the purposes above, from time to time we may disclose Personal Information to:
- Our service providers and subcontractors, including our affiliates, retained to perform functions on our behalf or to provide services to us, such as warehousing and delivery; marketing and advertising; data processing; software development; website hosting and management; information technology and office services; legal, accounting, audit and other professional service providers; and further provided such service provider does not collect, use or disclose the personal information for any purpose other than to perform such functions or to provide services to us or as otherwise required by law;
- Unaffiliated service providers with whom BlèuribbonHair may subcontract, including website hosting companies, fulfilment companies and other third party service providers;
- The prospective seller or buyer of Blèuribbon’s business or assets, including where Blèuribbon’s or substantially all of Blèuribbon’s assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Our Payment Service Provider is Sage Pay (formerly Protx) – the largest independent payment service provider (PSP) in the UK and Ireland.
Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is Sage Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
Sage Pay uses a range secure methods such as fraud screening, I.P address blocking and 3D secure. Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
Sage Pay is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant to the highest level and maintains regular security audits. They are also regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that their systems are impenetrable.
Sage Pay is an active member of the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL.